Saturday, 25 January 2014

Sequin Skirt

So, finally I can post my first project for this year! 

Tah Dah!

 Pleated sequin skirt with contrast waistband

I made this as a birthday present for one of my closest friend's 25th birthday - or her silver anniversary of life, as another friend put it! As the dress code for her night out dancing was 'Silver', I thought what better than silver sequins! Unfortunately I ended up missing the night out as I was out of the country, but hopefully this skirt will see many more outings!


The pattern was straight forward to put together and took me no time at all to draft. The skirt is lined with white cotton to stop the sequins scratching against the skin. I decided to pleat the lining of the skirt as well to give it more volume, normally (for most high street retailers) the skirt lining would be a straight skirt as it uses less fabric & is therefore cheaper to produce. On the whole, this was pretty simple to make - although I did break two needles when sewing the sequins which was quite frustrating! 


So, Happy Birthday Emily - hope you like it! xx

If anyone has any tips for sewing with sequins, let me know!
And on to project number two...

Em x