Sunday, 2 February 2014

Beaded Shirts & Chunky Knits

So, Sunday has proved to be both lazy and productive, which I think are the best Sundays of them all! A quick tea & a cacthup with a friend turned into a shopping trip, and before I knew it the last of my Christmas shopping vouchers had been spent on some lovely things! 

(The productive part has come this evening after the lazy morning & shopping afternoon!)

Now despite working in the fashion industry I'm not one for particularly buying into the latest trends and styles that make their way into stores - for example, I only bought my first pair of Jeggings a month ago! - I tend to browse the stores and look for pieces I think have something "interesting" about them. Which is why I came away with these two things from River Island.

Printed Chiffon T-Shirt with Bead & Sequin Detail

I picked this up on the off chance after having a quick flick through the 'Last Chance to buy' rail, and didn't think the t-shirt shape would suit me at all... I was pleasently surprised! I love the bead detailing on the front and that the fabric is just the right amount of sheer! I would definately wear this on a night out, or with jeans & a cami underneath for daytime

Tomato Red Chunky Knit Cardigan 

It was the bright colour that made me pick this up first, then a closer look showed the different types of knit in this cardi. It also has raglan sleeves, making it nice & slouchy - perfect for keeping warm in this horrible weather!

And surprisingly the two look great worn together!
I tried them on in store with a pair of black wet look leggings and knee high riding boots.
River Island is one of my favourite places to shop, they seem to explore a variety of textures, prints and details in their collections, which I don't see other high street stores doing so well.

Have a look at their website and see what you think - www.riverisland.com
If there are other shops people want to recommend, then let me know!

Em x