Saturday, 22 November 2014

"Cinderelly, Cinderelly!"

So here it is!

The trailer for Disney's Cinderella was released this week.



As promised, it looks great, gorgeous colours and costumes.

And the blue dress?

Beautiful!

Three times oscar winner Sandy Powell had the task of costuming this film, and I get the idea from the trailer she's done an excellent job! How do you go about updating a classic story to make it ideal for modern day viewers? Vogue US has an article covering the film's costumes, it states "Powell was aiming for the look of a 'nineteenth-century period film made in the 1940's or '50's...'"
Great combination of styles, and perhaps something another costume designer would never have thought of.

I have to say I'm not as excited for this as I was for Maleficent. But then again Sleeping Beauty was always my preferred film out of the two, and Angelina Jolie completely owned the title role.

So, we'll see.

I'll probably end up going to see it anyway!

Em x

Cinderella on IMDb


Read the Vogue article here