Tuesday, 23 December 2014

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

It's no secret to anyone who knows me that I am a HUGE fan of The Lord of The Rings & The Hobbit. I've read the books numberous times over (so much so that the covers and pages are all crumpled and creased!) & watched the films more times than I care to admit.

Now I'm not at the level of one of those Elvish speaking & writing fans (yes, they exist!) but they truely are some of my favourite books and films. I love the indepth detail in the stories, the characters, the mythology and of the costume design in the films. I remember feeling completely amazed by this world in front of me when I went to see The Lord of The Rings films at the cinema when they first came out, especially at the costumes and the way every detail of them had been put together. The numerous 'Best Costume' awards given to Nglia Dickson & Richard Taylor were well deserved!

So, this week I went to the cinema with my family for the last film in Middle Earth (sob!), The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies. Although I don't think it was the strongest of The Hobbit films, I still enjoyed it.


I've been trying to collect together images of some of the costumes from the films, but obviously they don't show as much detail as you can see in the film. I've shared some below from The Hobbit official website, where you can crop a backdrop to make your own images.There are some amazing high-res images on the official website that are definately worth a look at. You can see some of the costumes in more detail, so click here to see them: http://www.thehobbit.com/gallery.php 


Bard


Gandalf


Thorin


Thorin


Thranduil

This was possibly my favourite costume in the whole film. Thranduil's cloak in the scenes leading up to the final battle. It was a gorgeous silver colour you can't really see here and looked like it was made out of very fine metal.

Take a look at my Pinterest board for some gorgeous costume pictures from the franchise.
I'll keep updating it with more images I come across.

Also check out The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies on IMDb

I personally find these films visually stunning and I'm kind of sad that the films have come to an end!
I'd have loved to have worked on these films, it's something of a lifelong ambition to be part of something like this. 

Who knows... maybe one day?!

Em x