Monday, 2 March 2015

A Sour Cherry Treat

As you have probably guessed by now I love a good piece of kitsch jewellery, necklaces, rings, bracelets,  you name it! So I added to my collection yet again with this brilliant sewing machine necklace by Sour Cherry.



I've been eyeing up this piece for quite a long time but finally decided to buy it after much umming and ahhing over which size and colour to go for. I made the purchase on my lunch break and it arrived exactly 24 hours later! Now that's some great customer service!

The necklace features a sewing machine, scissors & a spool of thread.There are two different sizes and 17 different perspex colours to choose from. In the end I chose to go for the large size in purple perspex.


I love everything about this necklace, I'm picturing it dressed down over jumpers for a day time look, and with a strappy top or dress for something a bit smarter. The only downside is the chain on the large size is quite long, which is fine for wearing over jumpers or a high neck top, but for a vest top like the below photo I've actually put a small knot in either end oft he chain to shorten it slightly. I know this is probably terrible for your jewellery but I do it with quite a few of my pieces with longer chains so they're more versatile.

I have to say Sour Cherry is a great place to shop for jewellery. They have a great selection of quirky jewellery and the service has always been brilliant. This is where my Roar! Dino Necklace came from which I love! (Read about it here)
  

Anyone else shopped at Sour Cherry before? 
Or any other kitsch jewellery retailers you'd recommend?  
I'd love to hear about it :)

Em x

Buy the Sewing Necklace here:

Shop Sour Cherry here