Friday, 10 April 2015

Bettie Page Reveals All

During my long easter weekend, (where I made a dress and ate my body weight in food... but more about that later!), I also fitted in some quality Netflix time! With the Ginge away, the Netflix account was just lying there unused, so I took the opportunity after family had disappeared home to snuggle up in bed with a cuppa and my iPad. I ended up watching a documentary on 'The Queen of Pinups', Bettie Page in Bettie Page Reveals All.



I've always known who Bettie Page is, I mean she's a pretty iconic figure, with her long dark hair, heavy fringe and sexy lingerie. But I've never known that much about her life or work, so this was an interesting look at the life of a pinup icon. Bettie herself narrates the documentary, telling her life stories and views on events that happened to her. People who met, worked and loved Bettie throughout her life tell their own tales.


I'll try not to spoil any of the documentary for those of you who want to watch it, but I was surprised to learn she'd had a pretty tough start in life, and didn't actually have a very long career as a model before she 'disappeared' from the public eye. She also made all her modelling outfits, including those tiny little bikinis & her lingerie.


It was very inspiring to see someone, who was even in the 50's considered to be 'too big' to be a model really love her body and appreciate the way she looked. It's clear to see from the documentary footage and photos, that Bettie really loved what she did, and she was gorgeous!
She was 36-24-37 by the way. So, not big at all!


Now Bettie Page is known as the cult pin up figure who's influenced generations of models, illustrators, designers, film makers and vintage lovers. So if you have Netflix definitely put Bettie Page Reveals All on your watch list!

Enjoy!

Em x

'Bettie Page Reveals All' on ImDB
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1776086/?ref_=nv_sr_2