Monday, 4 May 2015

Coletterie - Wardrobe Architect: Week 2

So here we go with week 2 of the Coletterie 'Wardrobe Architect' project. (You can read week 1 here). This weeks goal is to..

"Uncover the styles that make you feel like yourself and attach words and images to them."

First up is identifying how I feel when I wear my favourite clothing. This is easy for me to answer, I feel confident, comfortable and depending on the outfit somtimes even sexy! I hold myself better and walk taller. I feel like I can talk to anyone and hold my own in any situation.

Then moving onto how I feel when I wear something that's 'not quite right', I always use the word 'frumpy'. It makes me feel uncomfortable, self conscious and out of touch, so obviously I'd want to avoid all of these!

I then had to consider who is my style icon and what about them appeals to me. This part I found quite hard , my immediate reaction was to say Audrey Hepburn is my style icon. She was so classy, elegant and feminine and I really admire that. But then I got to thinking that I could never dress in an Audrey style all the time, I like to mix it up a bit. As I mentioned in week 1, I love more of a rock chick look, which someone like Lzzy Hale just OWNS! Then you have people like Katy Perry and Jessie J (minus the stage outfits!) who have fun, bold, quirky styles that I like. Randomly, Taylor Swift even popped into my head as someone who's style I quite like! She's so cute! I think the thing that links them all is that they're comfortable in their own styles but aren't afraid to experiment which is really appealing.



Audrey Hepburn - One of the most stylish ladies of all time!

Then I needed to think about styles I like in theory but aren't really 'me'; I chose 'boho', 'gothic', and 'vintage'. I love all the little details that goes into all these styles but they are all quite 'extreme' in terms of the time and dedication I think it would take to get dressed every day! I like to experiment with different clothes and not narrow my choices down to one category. I like to have the freedom of choice when I dress depending on my mood, the day I have planned or the event/place I'm going to.
The next step was to decide on the styles that make me feel like myself. I took 15+ words from last week's answers, thinking about moods and feelings I associate with those words. I then had to narrow that list down to five words. 

I chose: Comfortable. Quirky. Fun. Easy. Detail.

Here are a few images from my Pinterest board I think represent these words well.


Cute comfy jumper - love the colours and pattern


So much love for this shirt!


I really love the lace & tassel details on these shorts - you could wear casually during the day or dress them up at night.

You can see the Pinterest board I created to collect more images I think represent those words. It has different outfits, inspiration, patterns and details to explore what these words mean to me in terms of style. You can view it here

Hopefully I can incorporate more of these styles and influences into my wardrobe.

Em x