Thursday, 4 June 2015

Coletterie - Wardrobe Architect: Week 5

Week 5 of Wardrobe Architect is about colour.

"... Some colours just make you happy, some feel exciting, others make you feel calm and peaceful. What we're going to do is start collecting those colours... For now, just think about what you love and what you wear"

- Coletterie

Wahoo! I love colour, nothing makes me happy quite like seeing things in bright, beautiful colour order! Sad, but true!


So, I pulled together colours I associate with the descriptive words I came up with and my inspiration pictures from previous weeks. Then I added colours I already have and wear in my wardrobe and colours in my GIANT fabric collection. The Coletterie article for Week 5 also talks about considering what colours make you feel really good when you wear them.

I used Photoshop Elements to pull together my colour palette, which you can see here.


So you can see I like quite bold, bright colours that I can wear with one another. However, saying that I do normally pair them with a neutral col metallic cardi, so either a light gold or silver.
I don't really wear many light or skin colour tones, I always feel like they wash me out, and I find them a bit sickly. I like colours that are rich and intense. I've included the lighter cols or coral, mint, light pink & lilac in my colour palette too, but these are normally my highlight or accent colours. So while I wouldn't normally wear clothing that is predominently one of these colours, I love them in prints, jewellery or accessories... shoes included!

I love shades of turquoise and teal, they aways make me feel good. They can be bright and airy or be rich and have a lot of depth to them. I'm constantly on the look out for clothes in those colours!


Next week is about incorporating your colours into your wardrobe, so let's see how that goes!
We actually had a charity bag dropped trhough our door this morning, so maybe the wardrobe spring clean will start sooner than expected!

Anyone else following Wardrobe Architect? Or finished it?

Let me know!

Em x