Tuesday, 9 June 2015

Coletterie - Wardrobe Architect: Week 6

I only posted Week 5 of Wardrobe Architect the other day (read it here), but as I'm away this weekend I thought I'd get a head start and get going on Week 6!

This week is about organising the colour palette I came up with last week into the following smaller categories: Neutrals, Near Neutrals, Statement Colours, Metallics. So it should be easier to see what colours I need more or less of, and how to use these create small seasonal palettes. Coletterie also advises adding more colours if you feel you need to.

First up, just to recap. This is my colour palette from last week...


And here's my colour palette separated into categories:



So you can see I don't have that many neutral colours, just Black, White & Light Grey, but I think my 'Nearly Neutrals' make up for that, as they're quite verstile and I would probably wear more of them anyway. I separated some of the lighter colours (Lt.Pink/Lilac/Coral/Mint) that I wouldn't normally wear as a dominant colour into their own 'Accents' category. As I mentioned last week, I like these colours but they work better for me as highlight colours. I've stuck to my original palette and haven't added in any new colours but I'm happy with what I already have, I don't feel like I'm missing anything. My palette definately leans more towards statement colours than it does to neutrals but I'm not surprised at that. I do love bright colours!

When I'm back it's on to Week 7!

Have a good week!

Em x