Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Friday Night Sketching

Wow! Hasn't the weather been amazing today?!

Gorgeous blue skies and bright sunshine. The temp on my car was showing 34 degrees C when I was driving home. It seems summer has finally hit!

So this is a quick post before I head out to enjoy the last of today's sunshine. 

Last weekend started off quite slowly with a quiet Friday night in at home. After dinner and a movie I was still wide awake, so got out my sketchbook. Something I haven't done in well over a year or so. Don't get me wrong I've sketched clothing designs quite frequently but it's been a long time since I doodled anything that wasn't fashion related! 

I thought I'd start easy and stick with pencil & paper. I didn't look far for a model and picked my faithful toy Tramp* dog as I knew he'd sit still without complaints!

* The same Tramp from the Disney classic Lady & the Tramp!



I'm very proud of this sketch as it came out so well, particularly as I haven't sat down to draw anything in such a long time. It's really sparked my confidence for drawing and painting again.

Who knows, maybe next weekend I'll be getting out the watercolours!

Until then, I'm off to enjoy the rest of the sun!

Em x