Thursday, 19 November 2015

I'm back!

Hello everyone,

I'm finally back and blogging again! My break from blogging turned out to be extended for a few weeks this was entirely unplanned I can tell you!

I spent a fantastic 2 1/2 weeks travelling around Mexico with the Ginge and two of our lovely friends. We started our journey in Cancun and travelled down the coast and across the country with a final stop in Merida before heading back to Cancun for the journey home. It was such a great holiday, we saw so much, ate so much, laughed so much and just had the best time.

Typical Tourists! - Me & the Ginge visiting Xchicen Itza in Mexico

My time back at home has not proven to haven been so great. Since returning to the UK, I came down with a terrible illness and I don't ever remember being so sick. I missed my own birthday and birthday celebrations, some freelance appointments, catch ups with old friends and colleagues and my good friend's birthday. It's really been a tough time. Luckily, *touch wood* things seem to have worked out and I am on the mend.


Whilst I was ill I got thinking about what it is I really want to do with my life, (dramatic sick bed thoughts... I know!). I love my job and am very happy there, but I can't shake this feeling I am putting my love for costume and costume design on the back burner. I have been thinking of ways I can incorporate this love back into my life and make the most of it. I have some ideas ready to go, and I'm feeling good.

A photo posted by Emma Youens (@emmayouens) on


With the festive season nearly upon us, it seems both  a good and bad time to be starting afresh. Good because I'm nearly back to full health and what's the point of putting it off!? Bad, because we know how busy the run up to Christmas can get! But after a pretty low couple of weeks I can't wait to hit the ground running again.

As they say... 'onwards & upwards!'

Looking forward to speaking to you all soon

Em x