Monday, 25 January 2016

The one with Mickey & Minnie...

What a busy start of the year it's been already!

I feel like I've crammed a lot in so far, and this week shows no sign of slowing down!
It was also one of my best friend's birthday celebration at the beginning of January, and in true grown up style she opted for a Disney themed birthday, fancy dress required!
Oh, what character to be?! Decisions, decisions!

Now, I have always known what character I would want to be if I ever had to do a Disney fancy dress. It would have to be Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I have always loved that character from the original film, she's such a good villain! But I also thought Angelina Jolie did a fantastic job in the 2014 film Maleficent. But, if I were to ever be Maleficent I'd want to take my time on the costume, making the horns, a long cape and maybe even getting some prosthetic makeup for doing those amazing cheek bones! But I felt that would be a bit too elaborate for a night out in our town centre, so I put the Maleficent idea to one side and The Ginge & I went for the Disney classic, the ultimate power couple; Mickey & Minnie Mouse.

(No edits or changes made to this image)


I already had my red & white polka dot dress, it was originally from George at Asda but has had a few alterations to it over the years! My white leather gloves were a great buy from a vintage fair. I teamed them with black tights and my lace up biker boots. The Ginge wore his own dark coloured jeans, black top & red boardshorts. I bought the mouse head bands from Amazon, they shipped really quickly which was great and are so cute! (Click here to buy)






The night itself was great fun. We went to the birthday girls house for drinks & birthday cakes before heading into the town centre for cocktails and dancing. People made a great effort with their costumes, we had everyone from Mrs Incredible to Cinderella, Beast from Beauty & The Beast, Alice in Wonderland, Stitch and more! The birthday girl dedicated herself to the theme and painted herself purple to come as Ursula from The Little Mermaid!


With the birthday girl! xxx

All in all a fun night out that turned quite a few heads and my second fancy dress of 2016!

Em x