Saturday, 9 July 2016

Geek Chic Goodies!

Wow, we're over a week into July already! How did that come by so fast?! It feels like this year is whizzing past so quickly, especially the weekends. Last week we had a weekend where we had nothing in particular planned but it ended up being a pretty busy one and I've come into some new items I think you might appreciate.

So, last Sunday we stopped into our local Comic Con fair. Now as you know, we recently went to the MCM London Comic Con so we weren't too fussed about making it too the local one but as we ended up being in the town centre anyway Ginge & I thought we'd pop in for a mooch around with one of our friends. Obviously our local fair was much much smaller than the MCM event but it was nice to see an event like this where local people can celebrate all things pop culture without having to spend a lot of money on tickets or travel.

As with MCM there was so much stuff I could have blown all my money on as well as a lot of stuff I hadn't got a clue what that show/reference/character was about! I did make one purchase though which was this awesome Grimhilde & Maleficent selfie tee! It's by SwanStar Designs and the lovely designer Kathryn was sporting the same tee herself on the day. As I'm sure I've mentioned before Maleficent is my favourite Disney villain so how could I not buy the t-shirt?!


I also have some purple lipstick that is a great match to the purple in the tee, not that you can particularly tell in these pics, but a win all round in my book!
Now for the obligatory selfies in my selfie t-shirt!






There were some great t-shirts, postcards and jewellery featuring lots of pop culture references, my favourite one's obviously being the Disney villains like Maleficent, Cruella DeVille and Ursula. Take a look at SwanStar Designs on RedBubbleEtsy and Instagram to get yourself some pop culture goodies!

Also at the fair was the amazing jewellery company Snikt & Bamf who I spoke about in my MCM this post here. I LOVE their jewellery designs and it took all my effort to not buy anything on the day. But! This week the Ginge & I also celebrated our anniversary and oh man did the boy do good!

We went to see Charlie & The Chocolate Factory theatre show and in the interval we swopped presents, I nearly cried with excitement when I unwrapped THIS!!



This is the Jaws necklace I had my eye on at both Comic Con fairs!

Turns out Ginge bought it at the Watford Comicon while our friend played the distraction!
I love it so much, I've been wearing it non stop ever since! It looks especially great with black top & jeans, my grey cardi, and a bright red lipstick

So 1000 boyfriend points to the Ginge for his necklace choice!


The past few weeks has also been great for my creativity, I have a new venture that I'm working on. It's quite a big project but I'm enjoying the journey so far and hopefully will have everything in place to share with you in September. If you follow me on Instagram you'll be seeing little sneak peeks of parts of the project I am working on - follow me @emmayouens if you want to have a look.

Until next time!

Em x